The hot, sticky summer days can make you uncomfortable and pretty upset, especially without an efficient air conditioner. Find out the common cooling problems in Chattanooga, TN and what you can do about them through this post. Continue reading!
Your Home is Not Cooling Enough
The job of your A/C unit is to bring you comfort, not the other way around. If your A/C can’t keep your space cool, then something’s off. Inadequate cooling can be a result of clogged or dirty filter, ductwork, and condenser.
It’s important to check these parts regularly and make sure they are clean and clear from dust, mold, and debris. Change your air filter every three months and schedule a duct inspection with the pros.
Just like the air filters, sludge, dirt, and mold can build up in your A/C drain line over time. When it gets clogged, the water may flow back into your cooling system, thus damaging the internal components of your air conditioner. To prevent this problem, here are some warning signs you need to watch for:
- Water pooling around your air conditioner
- Moldy smell coming from your system
- Your A/C is not turning on or won’t cool your space
What should You do?
- Turn off your A/C’s main switch.
- Find the drain line. It is usually located near the condenser unit.
- Connect the wet/dry vacuum to the end of the pipe. Turn it on and let it run for a minute.
- For a more in-depth and long-term fix, bring in the experts for professional drain line cleaning.
Your A/C Short Cycles
Does your cooling system repeatedly turn on and off? A faulty thermostat or an oversized air conditioner could be causing this problem. Make sure your device is installed away from any heat-emitting sources such as air vents, windows, walls exposed to direct sunlight, and kitchen.
Also, check the batteries and replace them if needed. If your unit continues to go on short cycling, contact your trusted HVAC technicians for an expert assessment of your unit and quick fix.
EXTRA A/C Care Tips
- Schedule an A/C tune-up.
- Seal open spaces.
- Regularly check your outdoor unit and make sure it’s free from any obstruction.
- Improve your home’s insulation.
- Keep your registers clean and vents open.
- Upgrade your thermostat to a programmable or smart model.
Is Your A/C Ready For Summer?
We bet you’re excited about the summer—but let’s make sure that nothing gets in the way of having fun. Talk to our cooling experts at Ryan Heating & Air today! We provide professional and dependable air conditioning services in Chattanooga, TN and the surrounding areas.